It is such a privilege to be part of a community that sincerely and wholeheartedly serve God. In 2011, we (Die Akker Christian Church) established an NPC called SCRATCH, aimed at creating a platform where we can be of service to our community. Here’s a list of what SCRATCH (NPC) has been up to:
- With our Windsor project (current project), a suburb of our greater city Johannesburg we have started with the cleaning of curbs alongside Windsor residents. Building relationship with our partners in Windsor we aim to establish training programs to address the developmental needs of the residents in the community, not only to bring social care but to develop each individual in the community to live to his or her full potential. Together we can make a difference for the greater good. Follow us on Facebook to see what is happening
- Scratch loves what SA Back Office (Pty) Ltd do to facilitate job creation by way of structured work place experience learnerships. Click on the following link for more information: Job creation learnership
- With our Linden project (past project), a suburb of our greater city Johannesburg. we have fixed the curbs, established pavement gardens and cleaned the streets Monday to Friday.The aim with this project was not only to make our city look good, but history has shown us that a clean city leads to a safer city. Working with the community leads to the people in our community coming to know one another, changing it from my city to our city. The Linden community have taken over what we have started and is making of Linden a fine example how we can make a difference if we stand together. Together we can make a difference for the greater good. As such, our greater goal is to establish similar projects all over our city.
- “The JOEY pouch” (past project) was a place of safety where children from newborn up to the age of 4 were kept until they could find a home, until a permanent home could be found for them. Read more on the Facebook page, The JOEY pouch. This project taught us that something could be done to help[ those that cannot speak for themselves. May us work together and make a difference.
- Read what have been done in our country already in our Scratch newspaper project (past project). There are 14 papers of testimonials put together over 4 years that tells us of what God has already accomplished in our world through His people. This inspires us to also GO and do something. Read our last edition here:
- Read more about our Nut Mobile project which we started in 2011 praying for our city’s security at Prayer mobile. The Nut Mobile has been replaced by a 4 x 4 vehicle that will enable us to reach some of the previously unreachable places .
- Our people are also sold out to pray for our community (clinics, schools, etc.), as we believe in, and have knowledge of, the power of prayer to establish God’s will and kingdom on earth.
If you want to know more about SCRATCH and what we do please contact us at email@example.com.