It is such a privilege to be part of a community that sincerely and wholeheartedly serve God. In 2011, we (Die Akker Christian Church) established an NPC called SCRATCH, aimed at creating a platform where we can be of service to our community. Here’s a list of what SCRATCH is currently doing:
- Scratch is working alongside SA Back Office (Pty) Ltd to facilitate job creation by way of structured work place experience for learnerships. Click on the following link for more information about this amazing project: Job creation learnership
- Our closest-to-home project is in Linden, a suburb of our greater city Johannesburg. You will find Scratch’s people fixing curbs, establishing pavement gardens and cleaning our streets Monday to Friday – look out for them, they are looking out for you.The aim with this project is not only to make our city look good, but history has shown us that a clean city leads to a safer city. Working with the community leads to the people in our community coming to know one another, changing it from my city to our city. Together we can make a difference for the greater good. As such, our greater goal is to establish similar projects all over our city.
- “The JOEY pouch” is a place of safety where children from newborn up to the age of 4 can find a home, until a permanent home can be found for them. Read more on the Facebook page, The JOEY pouch.
- Our Scratch newspaper tells of what God has already accomplished in our world through His people.
- Read more about our Nut Mobile project which we started in 2011 praying for our city’s security at Prayer mobile.
- Our people are also sold out to pray for our community (clinics, schools, etc.), as we believe in, and have knowledge of, the power of prayer to establish God’s will and kingdom on earth.
If you want to know more about SCRATCH and what we do please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.